I have been mulling around my Twitter niche strategy in my head for a while. Today I want to tell you about easy ways to do status updates on Twitter.
I am always trying to keep up with the latest whiz bang kind of stuff as far as social media goes but sometimes there is an easier way and a more simple way and having a Twitter niche strategy really helps for each of your niches.
I have a lot of sites and niches that I manage as a lot of marketers do and a few months ago I made a twitter account for each of my major sites.
This in itself is a great idea since trying to keep up with all of the players in each market can be tough using twitter makes it easy by having lots of people in one place and just by following you can see the updates from everyone. The trouble is Twitter can be a time suck if you do not have a Twitter niche strategy for posting. You will end up reading a lot of useless info.
Here is my Twitter Niche strategy step by step
1. Have a website in the niche. You decide on your niches, I decide on mine. As long as there are people there is a reason for a Twitter niche strategy and integration.
2. Create a Twitter account (free) and find the most important people in the niche and follow them (you must know who they are don’t you?) Otherwise find out or do a twitter search for the keywords in the niche. Make sure that you have a full enough bio as well as your niche website in your bio even though it is no follow it is people seeing this not just search engines.
3. Make a few updates (tweets) a day. Just adding tips but not selling. You need to build trust and message and follower numbers without being an affiliate link spammer. It is a good idea to retweet the good tweets from others that you see though. It will build respect amongst those following you and really adds value.
4. Create an account on Hootsuite (also free). This site allows you to follow everyones updates but more importantly you can add all of your Twitter account and then add a bookmarklet that will let you easily add updates to any one or several of your accounts at once and it even includes tracking of how many clicks to your links that you tweet. This is critical to your Twitter niche strategy to keep you tweeting quickly and easily.
5. Post to Twitter with Hootlet. With my Hootlet in my Firefox toolbar I go to Google Reader and as I read articles that are interesting to the niche I open the link in a new tab and then hit the Hootlet icon and add my view to the link, pick the account and hit send. The great thing about this is that it is fast and easy way to send links and it also has it’s own URL shortener. I do this twice a day for each of my accounts just so that I stay current with my niches on Twitter.
6. Tweet my WordPress Posts. My blogs are all WordPress so I have added Twitter Tools by Crowd Favorite to make sure that all of my new posts go to Twitter.
7. iPhone or Outlook email to Twitter. I have created an email address on my Blackberry to my main Twitter account using TwitterMail (free as well) as well as to Twitpic (signup for free and go to settings–>mobile) so that I can post status updates or pics on the go through email. This just keeps my updating when the thought strikes.
Why have a Twitter niche strategy?
I like Twitter a lot and this is why I have built this Twitter niche strategy over the last year or so. I like that there is a real one to one kind of interaction whenever you want although Facebook is still a bit better for this. I use Twitter extensively and with my processes above it really does not take a lot of time to do updates because I have automated a lot as I have gone along. Remember always with Twitter that even though you are broadcasting you need to have to always be adding value. If you are thinking always of value then it will not take long to be seen as an authority in your niche but you need a Twitter niche strategy or you will waste way to much time.